The Junior Tennis Team is a great way for your child to have fun with old friends and make new ones this summer while working with our USPTA/USPTR certified coaches (Dawn Fallu & Bob Rondeau) to further develop their playing ability. We’re looking forward to another great year of team tennis!
Junior Tennis Team registration forms and payment are due by Monday, May 27. ALL registration will be done online. However, payment may be made either online via credit card, or offline via personal check. When choosing to pay by check, select the "invoice me" option on the registration form when checking out.
Register online at the Tennis Team Sign Up
All offline payment may be provided in one of two ways:
1) Dropped off in person at Woodside during Swim/Tennis Sign Up on Sunday, April 28 from 4-6 pm
(A Tennis Rep will be available to meet with that day)
2) Drop in WAC Drop Box or at the club at the front desk and ask to place in the tennis mailbox.
All checks should be made to Woodside Athletic Club
Registration fee of $175 per player includes 7 weeks of tennis instruction, tennis team t-shirt, tennis balls, and team snacks for matches.
Late Registration Fee
Tennis team registration forms and payment are due by Monday, May 27 to avoid a late registration fee. All registrations received after May 27 will need to pay a $25 late registration fee in addition to the team payment of $175. Please note, if the team registration fee and any applicable late registration fee has not been paid in full by the first practice on June 17th, the player may not be eligible for participation in inter-club matches and will be asked to not attend any further team practices. Once the player has paid all fees in full, the player will be welcome back to practices and will be eligible for inter-club match play.
In past years, all parents have been asked to supply a match snack. The requirement is replaced this year by $10 included in the registration fee. A Gatorade for each player and light snacks will be provided at the matches using these funds.
C-Team Volunteer Requirements:
Woodside is required to provide parent helpers at every C-Team match to aid in scoring, position, and pace of play. One parent is required per court. This requires 2 parent volunteers at each away meet and 4 parents for home meets. C-Team parents are required to volunteer for at least one event. There will be a sign up genius on the website for C-Team parents. A parent "cheat-sheet" for scoring and player positions will be uploaded to the website prior to the first match.
Older students in need of NHS hours are also welcome to sign up to earn hours!!!
All Junior Tennis Team practices are held four days per week, Monday through Thursday, with an inter-club team match each Friday.
This year, InterClub Practices will be separated by AGE for better instruction and learning. Each class will have drills, work on form, technique, footwork, serving, strategy for singles and doubles, as well as match play.
Practice Location: GROVES High School Tennis Courts or Woodside Tennis Courts (see below)
Program Dates: June 17th – August 1st
(Season will extend through August 2nd for those participating in the Gold or Silver Cup Tournament)
*There will be no practice or matches on July 4 and 5th.
Drill Practices: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays
Challenge Matches: Thursdays
(Home matches @ Groves H.S. are at 12pm for A/B Team, 1:15pm for C Team)
(AWAY Matches are as follows: A TEAM: 10:15AM, B TEAM 11:30AM, C TEAM 12:30PM
- Participants should attend practices according to their age.
- 12 year old players should plan to initially attend the 11am C-Team practice at Woodside for coach placement.
- Coaches may advance players throughout the year from C to B team, or B to A team as their level of play progresses.
- New players, with no experience must enroll in 2 sessions of clinics to be on the team. The team rate will be pro-rated for the remaining 3 weeks of the season.
- Players have already played on the Woodside A or B Team
- The level of play is comparable to the middle and high school team competition.
- Players must have beginner ability to serve, volley, return, and proper positioning.
- Players must have at least 2 sessions of clinic experience, or similar experience
- Players must have doubles knowledge.
- Coaches have the final decision of a player is ready for the C-team.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Thad Chmielewski (248) 981-7867
*Children from ages 9-17 are encouraged to participate in the team program. 8 yrs with orange ball or higher skills are encouraged to schedule an evaluation by the coaches prior to the season to assess C Team readiness.
JUNE 21 IS TEAM PICTURE DAY!!! MEET AT GROVES HS COURTS AT 1:15PM. SEE ATTACHED PICTURE ORDER FORM.
*All team participants are required to wear appropriate attire, which would include the team shirts, tennis shoes and shorts or skirts with pockets to hold tennis balls. If you do not attend the match properly dressed, you will not be able to play the next match. Ball holders can be purchased at The Tennis & Golf Company or through the Tennis Director.